New Features include:
Windows software single user licence: £19.95
Windows software site licence: £69.95
Key Stage 1 Computing Scheme of Work Coverage
• Shell Designer Module • On-screen Mat Creator
• Bee-Bot Jacket Printer • Audio Playback of Activity Instructions
Focus on Bee-Bot: Lesson Activities 2.3 is a cross-curricular interactive program based on the popular Bee-Bot programmable floor robot.The resource is an excellent starting point for teaching control, directional language and programming to young children. It is suitable for both individual study and whole class whiteboard teaching.
Find out how to use the software by visiting the Bee-Bot Learning zone.
Bee-Bot Lesson Activities 2 is based on eight well-known TTS cross-curricular activity mats including: Farmyard, Seaside, Fairy Tale, Katie Morag, Community, World Map, UK Map, Bee-Bot's Home.
The software includes a range of activities for eight Bee-Bot cross-curricular activity mats. Challenges are solved by programming sequences of moves on-screen with feed-back given when tasks have been completed. Users can create their own on-screen activity mats and build and save 3D Bee-Bot worlds. Inexperienced readers can listen to recordings of the activity instructions.
Users can now personalise the program by creating fabulous Bee-Bot shells.This encourages the development of image manipulation skills and can be linked to practical activities, such as printing and cutting out the shells for use as Bee-Bot jackets.
The BETT award winning Bee-Bot Lesson Activity programs will enable you to cover four of the five subject content areas at Key Stage 1 level:
Mats featured in Bee-Bot Lesson Activities 2
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions.
- Create and debug simple programs.
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs.
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
The following mats are all featured in the program:
Create Your Own Bee-Bot Mats and On-screen Activities
- Fairy Tale
- Katie Morag
- World Map
- UK Map
- Bee-Bot\'s Home
Input photographs and images and use them to create your own on-screen mats and activities.